Monday, August 8, 2011

11 day old infant with diarrhea?

So my daughter's peditrician told me to lay off on the feeding for 2 days due to my daughter having jaundice. I formula fed her for 2 days and had to make the transition from not only formula feeding but also bottle feeding and now back to feeding. Now I have been noticing that she has been farting and pooping at the same time. Please do excuse this but they are wet farts. i will automatically change her and notice liquid poop. Also she has been eating every 2 hours none stop when she usually eats every 4-6 hours or so, but she feeds for about an hour. And she has just been more fussy than usual. She is typically a very calm laid back baby. What could be causing the diarrhea? And if it is due to switching back to milk wouldn't it have gone away already? Is she going through a growth spurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment